Are there short-term rentals available for non-members?
Yes. Daily and Weekly rentals are available at the following rates:
Soft Top Boards
- Half Day (4-hour): $25
- Daily (24-hour rental): $30
- Weekly: $100
High-Quality Fiberglass Boards
- Half Day (4-hour): $35
- Daily (24-hour rental): $45
- Weekly: $180
*All Rentals include fins and leash.
- Half Day (4-hour): $20
- Daily (24-hour rental): $25
- Weekly: $75
Are fins included in the membership? What fin system does The Board Club use on the boards?
Single fins and unique boards that require a specific fin set-up are included with the membership while boards with a standard thruster fin set-up are not included. We have an option to add them for $10/month giving you unlimited exchanges to dozens of different fin models. All Board Club surfboards are using the Futures Fin system.
What if I ding, break, lose or badly damage a surfboard?
While I'm confident every member will take good care of the surfboards, accidents happen. And when they do, the member will be responsible for approximately 50%-80% of the cost to repair or replace. Repairs must be done by the club and may not be fixed by the member.
How long can I keep a board before I need to return it? Can I take it with me on a surf trip?
Members may check out any board for up to 8 days and take it anywhere in the world! Just remember, you're still responsible for any damage, loss or theft. There is a $10/day late fee. Exceptions can be made in unique situations.
Are there additional benefits to membership besides the surfboards?
- The Board Card - Each member will receive a personalized card that gives them discounts to local businesses and surf brands.
- Shaper Nights - A Board Club shaper will discuss board design and open it up for a Q&A session.
- Movie Nights - Surf movies in the backyard with a projector and big screen. Bring a beach chair and friends!
- Networking opportunities.
- 15% Off member discount on all retail items at the club.
- Free catered meals for special events.
- Member-Only Parking makes is hassle-free to drive to the clubhouse on even the most crowded summer days.
- Check out beach day items like pop-up tents, umbrellas, beach chairs, and games for day or weekend use.
- SUPs and Kayaks.
- Hot water showers.
- Day-Use Lockers to store personal items while you surf.
- Discounted group rates for anything that interests Board Club members. We'll organize things like surf photos and video, free diving lessons, CPR and First Aid certification, San Onofre days, etc.