Are there short-term rentals available for non-members?
Yes. Daily and Weekly rentals are available at the following rates:
Soft Top Boards
- Half Day (4-hour): $25
- Daily (24-hour rental): $30
- Weekly: $100
High-Quality Fiberglass Boards
- Half Day (4-hour): $35
- Daily (24-hour rental): $45
- Weekly: $180
*All Rentals include fins and leash.
- Half Day (4-hour): $20
- Daily (24-hour rental): $25
- Weekly: $75
Are fins included in the membership?
Single fins and surfboards that require a unique fin set-up are included with the membership. Thruster 3-fin setups are not included, but basic loaner fins are available for 24 hour periods.
What if I ding, break, lose or badly damage a surfboard?
While I'm confident every member will take good care of the surfboards, accidents happen. And when they do, the member will be responsible for the cost to repair or replace, which is usually 10-40% below retail prices. Repairs must be done by the club and may not be fixed by the member.
How long can I keep a board before I need to return it? Can I take it with me on a surf trip?
Members may check out any board for up to 14 days and take it anywhere in the world! Just remember, you're still responsible for any damage, loss or theft. There is a $10/day late fee. Exceptions can be made in unique situations.
Are there additional benefits to membership besides the surfboards?
- Shaper Nights - A Board Club shaper will discuss board design and open it up for a Q&A session.
- Movie Nights - Surf movies in the backyard with a projector and big screen. Bring a beach chair and friends!
- Networking opportunities.
- 15% Off member discount on all retail items at the club.
- Free catered meals for special events.
- Member-Only Parking makes is hassle-free to drive to the clubhouse on even the most crowded summer days.
- Beach day items like umbrellas, beach chairs, and games.
- Member Surf Meetups - Get tips from Founder Peter Belden while meeting new friends and surf buddies.
- Hot water showers.
- Day-Use Lockers to store personal items while you surf.
- Discounted group rates for anything that interests Board Club members. We'll organize things like surf photos and video, free diving lessons, CPR and First Aid certification, San Onofre days, etc.